This article will explain how to;
- upload and share recordings in Microsoft Stream
- download a transcript from a recording in Stream (if required)
- upload a Stream transcript file to an Echo30 recording to improve transcript quality (only relevant for Echo360 student-facing learning resources available in HYMS Blackboard).
Uploading and sharing video content in Stream
Follow these simple steps to upload and share your video content in Stream.
- Access Microsoft Stream at the following link; https://web.microsoftstream.com/
- Log in with your HYMS email address and password.
- From the menu in the top left-hand corner, select create, followed by upload video.
- Drag and drop the video you wish to upload into the browser window.
- Whilst the video is uploading, you can rename the video, give the video a description, select the video language and select a thumbnail (thumbnails are automatically generated from the content). For transcripts and captions, it is important to set a video language when uploading your video content. Please click on images to enlarge them.
- Under the permissions heading, you can control who has access to the video.
- Under the options heading, there are various settings (comments, captions, subtitles) you can configure. The preselected options for these settings are fine.
- To finish the upload, select publish.
Download a transcript from a recording in Stream (if required)
- From the menu in the top left-hand corner, navigate to my content and from the drop-down menu select videos.
- Click the edit icon (pencil icon), next to the video you would like to download the transcript file for.
- In the option pane (right-hand-side), select download file next to the captions heading. This will download a .vtt file.
Upload a Stream transcript file to an Echo30 recording to improve transcript quality
Once you have uploaded your Echo360 recording to Stream and generated / downloaded the better quality Stream transcript, you can then use it to replace the original Echo360 transcript.
It is possible from the ‘edit transcript’ settings for an existing Echo360 recording to upload a new Stream transcript file.
Please now click on the below links to access the Echo360 help pages regarding accessing the transcript editor for an individual recording, uploading your new replacement Stream transcript file and general guidance on using the Echo360 transcript editor.