The Echo360 platform hosts Hull York Medical School’s teaching and training recorded content. Content can then be linked to in HYMS Blackboard Ultra. Any staff member with appropriate access can create links.
This guide will go through the following steps.
- Step 1: Navigate to the relevant area in Blackboard Ultra and create an Echo360 recording tool link
- Step 2: Click on the Echo360 recording tool link and link up your content (link a list of recordings or an individual recording)
- Step 3: Navigate back to the Echo360 recording tool link and review the name, description and visibility settings
- Optional Step 4: Reset your recording link
Step 1: Navigate to the relevant area in Blackboard Ultra and create an Echo360 recording tool link
- Navigate to the location on the course or community where you wish to create a link. This example will show how to link from within a content folder. In other areas these steps may vary slightly.
- Click on the plus sign to see options for adding content.
- Select the content market option.
- A new window will appear with further options. Locate the tool named Echo360 Cloud and select the small plus icon in the bottom right-hand corner of that option.
- After selecting the small plus sign, you will then be redirected back to your chosen content area and will now see an Echo360 recording tool link.
Step 2: Click on the Echo360 recording tool link and link up your content (link a list of recordings or an individual recording)
- After following step 1 you will then be redirected back to the content area you had chosen and will now see an Echo360 recording tool link. Click on the tool link to now link up a recording or list of recordings.
- A new window will appear where you will first need to select the correct term, course and section. This may be pre-selected if another link has already been set up on the course. This can be altered if your content is in a different location.
Link to a list of recordings or to an individual recording
You can now choose to link to a list of recordings or to an individual recording. Most HYMS Blackboard Ultra courses will link to individual recordings. However, some courses link to recording lists. For example, MB BS Phase I recorded lectures are linked to via recording lists for each block. Both methods can be used within a course.
A list of recordings
Choose to link to a section home if you wish to display a list of all the recordings in that section. Then select connect.A list of all recordings will look similar to the below image. Users can browse the list and select a recording to watch.
Link to an individual recording
Alternatively choose to link to a lesson if you wish to link to one specific recording. Choose the correct recording from the drop-down options that appear. Then select connect.
A link to one recording will look similar to the below image.
Step 3: Navigate back to the Echo360 recording tool link and review the name, description and visibility settings
- Navigate back to the Echo360 recording tool link and review the name, description and visibility settings. The name is what students will click on to access the recording, so it makes sense to use the recording title, or the name of a block of study / a theme of learning for a list of recordings.
- Click on the ellipsis in the right-hand corner of the link (the three dots). Select edit to see all settings options.
- Click on the existing name to edit this. It is also a good idea to enter a description. Finally review visibility settings and select save.
Optional Step 4: Reset your recording link
If you have not selected the right recording / recording list, you can reset the link and go through the selection steps again.
If you have set up a link to a list of recordings, navigate to the view of the list to be able to reset with the following steps.
If you have set up an individual recording link, firstly click on the course/ section name of the recording from the top right-hand corner (where it says MB BS in the example image below).
Click on Reset LMS link. This will be located in the top left-hand corner of the list. Accept the warning message that appears by clicking on ‘ok’.This will reset the individual link you have set up and allow you to select again your content.
Please contact the Learning Enhancement and Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance / a one-to-one training session, or are unsure of how to complete any of these steps.