This article explains how to enable the closed captioning service during live Teams meetings and also when viewing meeting video recordings.
Enable closed captioning – live meetings
To enable closed captioning in a live Microsoft Teams meeting, follow these steps:
- After joining a meeting, click the More Actions button on the top bar.
- Select Language and speech.
- Select Turn on live captions (you will then be asked the preferred spoken language).
- You will now start to see live captions appear as various participants speak during the meeting.
View closed captioning – meeting recordings
Anyone viewing a Teams meeting video recording that has caption/transcript files, can turn captions on or off by following these steps:
- In the video recording, click the CC button in the player controls near the bottom-right side of the video.
- Alternatively you can toggle captions on and off by pressing Alt + C.
- You can customize the captions display by clicking Playback settings (via the Cog icon) > Caption settings > Size, Color, etc. N.B. Your customisations will last for a browser session.