This article will explain how to complete a Phase I clinical skills or clinical placement weekly reflection form in OpenCampus, as well as access feedback.
Complete a weekly record form
To complete a weekly record form, follow these simple steps:
- To access OpenCampus in your browser navigate to the following link; https://opencampus.hyms.ac.uk.
- Log in with your HYMS username and password.
- From the OpenCampus menu select portfolio. This will take you to your portfolio page where you will see all the outstanding portfolio items you need to complete. By default, the status filter on the page will be set to action required.
- Select edit next to the form you wish to complete. This will open the form. In this example, we will complete a clinical skills weekly record form.
- Firstly, select whether or not you attended this session. If you did not attend the session, you are not required to provide a reflection. However you still need to submit the form. If you did attend the session a text box will appear for you to write your reflection. If there was no session that week, select no session from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have completed your weekly reflection, select the tutor who facilitated your clinical skills session. By default, this should display your assigned clinical skills tutor. However, you can change this if you had a substitute tutor for your skills session.
- You have the option to save or submit your weekly record. If you save your reflection (this might be useful if you have two clinical skills sessions in a week) you will be able to edit / add to the content prior to submission. A saved form will have the status of form in progress on your actions required page. Once submitted, the form will be sent to your tutor who will provide you with feedback. You will no longer be able to edit your reflection.
Accessing feedback from your tutor
To access feedback from both your clinical skills and clinical placement tutor, you need to configure the filters on your portfolio page. Once a tutor has provided feedback on a weekly form, it will be marked as complete in the system.
The default status of the portfolio page is set to action required. To see your tutor feedback you need to change this to complete. The portfolio page will now display all the completed forms. To view your feedback, click on view next to the relevant form.
Please note, if you can’t see the form listed under complete, then the status of this form may be set to action required by tutor, non-complete by student or non-complete by tutor.