The OpenCampus app allows you to record and evidence work-based assessment whilst out on clinical practice. This guide will provide guidance on;
- installing the OpenCampus app
- connecting to your HYMS account on the app
- guidance on syncing completed forms and obtaining additional forms.
Apple App store
Please click on the following link to install the app on an iPhone / iPad; https://apps.apple.com/us/app/opencampus/id1136260502
Google Play store
Please click on the following link to install the app on an Android; device;https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.opencampus.android.client&hl=en
Connect to your HYMS account on the app
You will need to log in to OpenCampus online (https://opencampus.hyms.ac.uk) from a web browser on a second device as well as having the app open on your phone/iPad.
- Open the OpenCampus app on your phone/iPad.
- You will be prompted to allow OpenCampus to take pictures and record video. Select to allow.
- Select to scan QR code. The app will then be ready to scan the QR code available from OpenCampus online from a web browser.
- Log in to OpenCampus online from a web browser on a second device. Access the following link to do this; https://opencampus.hyms.ac.uk/. Once logged in online you will need to select profile. Click on your name in the top left-hand corner of the homepage if the profile tab is not visible (see screenshot below).
- Select view profile from the top left-hand corner, on the tab below your name.
- Select connect OpenCampus app (open the image below in a new tab to enlarge it).
- You will then be presented with the QR code. You can now scan this QR code with the app on your phone/iPad.
- Once you scan the code with the app, the app will prompt you to accept the terms and conditions of usage. Select accept.
- You will then see a welcome message appear in the app. You have successfully connected to your HYMS account.
Guidance on syncing completed forms and obtaining additional forms
Syncing completed forms
The app works offline (meaning it doesn’t require an internet connection), with completed assessment forms automatically syncing to the online system when an internet connection is possible. *As explained above, it is now possible to also push a manual sync if required on an individual completed form and on all data.
When offline, a completed form will be listed on the app homepage as waiting to be synced. When there is an internet connection it will sync and no longer display on the app homepage, or if required you can select to push it to sync.
As stated above, in addition, completed forms that have not yet synced with the online system will still be available to view on the app. These will be marked as ‘this form has already been completed and signed’ (please see the screenshot below). It is from here when clicking on a completed form that you can choose to push a sync if required. You can also choose to ‘pull down to synchronise all data’ (please see screenshot).
Obtaining additional forms
If you require additional forms, navigate to the online OpenCampus dashboard and send them to the app.
- Navigate to the online OpenCampus dashboard; https://opencampus.hyms.ac.uk/
- Select the OpenCampus menu in the top left-hand corner, next to your name on the homepage.
- Select the dashboard tab below the OpenCampus menu.
- You will now see the dashboard homepage. Select the relevant tab for the type of form you require. Select to add the new form.
- A new page will load and you will see a success message stating the form has been added to the tree.
- Navigate back to the app and to your listed tasks. Select the relevant type of task. You will now see the new form.*You may need to select to show all tasks to see all listed.