This guide will explain the following;
- how to complete a phase 2 / phase 3 clinical skills form via the OpenCampus app
- viewing forms sent from the app to the online OpenCampus dashboard.
This is a technical guide only. Please refer to the clinical skills handbook relevant to your year of study (Year 3,4 or 5) for essential overall guidance relevant to clinical skills completion / types of forms etc,. Please find this guidance in the Clinical Skills course on the HYMS Blackboard.
How to complete a phase 2 / phase 3 clinical skills form via the OpenCampus app
- Log in to the OpenCampus app on your mobile / iPad. From the app homepage menu, select the tasks tab.
- Select the correct type of form from the my tasks list. In the example in the screenshot below, this is a Year 5 formative form.
- You will be presented with forms ready to complete.
- Select show all tasks to make any additional hidden forms visible.
- Select a form.
- Select start.
- You will then be presented with several fields to fill in. Click on the first field to select the type of skill being assessed from a pop-out list.Your selection will populate the first field.
- You will need to declare if you have successfully completed a SIMsafe assessment by ticking the appropriate box and also manually enter text into the clinical location field.
- You will then need to handover your device to the assessor to complete the rest of the form. The next section provides the assessor with essential written guidance on assessor requirements for completing a form.
- The assessor will then need to fill in several fields, such as if the outcome of the assessment was a pass or fail, if verbal feedback was provided to the student and feedback for the student.
- The assessor will then need to indicate their role from a pop-out list of roles.
- The assessor will then need to select sign form to add a signature.
- The assessor will then need to add their name and their email address.
- The assessor will then need to click on submit.
- You will then see a success message to indicate the form has been successfully submitted.
- The form will sync with the online OpenCampus dashboard once you have internet connection. It will be listed on the app homepage as waiting to be synced and then will no longer display once synced.
Viewing forms sent from the app to the online OpenCampus dashboard
- Navigate to the online OpenCampus dashboard; https://opencampus.hyms.ac.uk/
- Select the OpenCampus menu in the top left-hand corner, next to your name on the homepage.
- Select the dashboard tab below the OpenCampus menu.
- You will now see the dashboard homepage.
- Select the relevant type of form from the tabs listed on the homepage.
- Select ‘view details’ to find a specific form.
- Select the relevant form type from the drop-down list and select apply.
- You will then be presented with a list of forms sent from the app. You can see their status listed alongside the title of the form.
- You can also select view, next to the form status to see the form in full (see image above).
- Under the tab menu at the top of the page you can see a summary list of what the different status icons mean.