This guide explains how to;
- add your timetable to your Office 365 HYMS email account calendar from a computer web browser,
- add it to your iPhone or iPad,
- add it to your Android *also an alternative method for iPhone or iPad,
- troubleshoot syncing issues and check your live timetable feed.
Office 365 HYMS email account calendar
- Navigate to the following link; https://webapps.hyms.ac.uk/mytimetable. Authentication is via HYMS Office 365 account details. Please click on the following link to access the help page for further guidance; web browser.
- You will then be redirected back to the timetable view. Highlight and copy the iCal feed link. Please see the screenshot below.
- Open your HYMS email in your web browser in a separate tab.
- From the welcome page, select to view your email account. From the left side panel, select the calendar icon.
- From the left side panel in the calendar view, click on add calendar.
- From the add calendar dialogue box, select subscribe from web.
- Paste the ical timetable feed into the provided field and name it in the space below (such as HYMS Calendar).
- Choose to ‘add to my calendars’ from the drop down list. To finish, click on import.
- Back in the calendar view, your personal timetable calendar will appear in the left side panel under my calendars.
If you are having issues syncing and are trying to import the timetable again, firstly remove the existing imported one. Right click on the timetable under ‘my calendars’ and select ‘remove’ from the drop-down list.
iPhone or iPad / Android device
The following guidance details how to view your timetable on your device by either adding your HYMS email account to your device and then also adding your HYMS calendar to your device calendar, or by downloading the Outlook app onto your device and logging in with your HYMS details to view your email and calendar in the app. Please note, these steps and images may vary depending on the device model, and some device models / older models may not support all options.
- Firstly, if you have not already done so, add your HYMS email account to your phone. Please see the following help page for further guidance; smartphone / tablet apps (if prompted, choose to also add your HYMS email account calendar to your phone). Please be aware some device models / older models may not support this.
- Now click on the following link to access your personal timetable; https://webapps.hyms.ac.uk/mytimetable. Authentication is via HYMS Office 365 account details. Please click on the following link to access the help page for further guidance; web browser.
- Now click on subscribe to timetable feed. You will be asked to confirm that you wish to subscribe to this calendar. Click on subscribe.
- Check your calendar app settings to ensure your HYMS timetable is selected and is syncing regularly. You should now see your HYMS timetable in your phone’s calendar app.
If you are having issues syncing and are trying to subscribe again, first ‘unsubscribe’. Go to your phone settings and choose to unsubscribe / forget the calendar.
- Firstly, add your personalised timetable to your Office 365 HYMS email account calendar from a computer web browser. See guidance above.
- There are then different options for how to view the timetable on your phone from your Office 365 calendar. Option 1: Add the Outlook app to your phone to then view your Office 365 calendar and the imported timetable. Option 2: Add your HYMS email to your phone then choose to also add your HYMS email calendar to your phone’s calendar. For both options, please see the following page for further guidance on adding email to your phone / downloading the Outlook app (please be aware some device models / older models may not support these options); smartphone / tablet apps.
- In the Outlook app / your phone’s calendar, you should now be able to view your HYMS personal timetable content. You may need to go to your calendar menu and check your HYMS email calendar and / or personal HYMS timetable calendar are selected to be visible. In your phone’s calendar it may not specify the timetable calendar to check / uncheck, but includes it if the overall HYMS email account is selected (ticked green box in image below).
Sync issues and checking the live timetable feed
Check the live timetable feed and that content is appearing correctly in a third party calendar
- Click on the following link to view the most up to date version of your timetable immediately visible; https://webapps.hyms.ac.uk/mytimetable (authentication is via HYMS Office 365 account details). Please see an example screenshot below of how content will appear.
Troubleshoot third party calendar sync issues
- Allow a little time for content to sync. This may vary depending on the device manufacturer, the available connectivity, and when content was added to the timetable. Once content is added to your timetable there may be a delay in it appearing in the student view of content, depending on when automatic updates to the timetable have run. Timetable content is also gradually released block by block.
- You do not need to add the timetable again for a new academic year. However, if you encounter continued sync issues, try removing the timetable link from your calendar / device and repeating the steps above.
- Ensure you have correctly copied and pasted your timetable iCal feed and correctly followed the steps above.
- iPhone users can also try the Android method above. If you have an alternative device, we suggest searching for online support for your specific device.
- If only some content is missing, contact the session organiser and check that content has in fact been added to your timetable. It may be that session details have not been added to your timetable and they have been communicated to you via an alternative method (such as a link in a Blackboard announcement or an email, or an invitation via your Teams calendar).
- If the timetable is showing but the timings are incorrect, please check your settings. For your Outlook calendar, please navigate to your email settings/ view all Outlook settings/ general/ language and time. Check the time zone is set to Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London. For your phone, please navigate to your email settings and check the time zone is also set to Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London. Also check the overall time zone settings on your phone. Please also access the following link for further guidance; Office 365 sync support.
Once you have tried the above steps, please contact email@example.com for further support. Please clarify what content is missing (all content or only some content) with some example dates / times / sessions. Whilst you are having sync issues, you may need to contact the relevant session organiser or the programme delivery team to be provided with session details in an alternative format.