Echo360 have developed a mobile app that allows you to view recorded lectures / narrated presentations from your smartphone or tablet. This guide will explain how to:
- install and log in to the Echo360 app
- view content online *recommended
- view content offline
Install and log in to the Echo360 app
Please access the following links to download and install the Echo360 app:
- Echo360 on Google Play
- Echo360 on Apple App Store
- Echo360 on Windows (Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile devices, as well as on XBox One)
- Echo360 on Amazon App Store (Amazon Kindle)
- Open the Echo360 mobile app.
- Enter your Hull York Medical School email address (in the format firstname.lastname@example.org) and click on submit.
- Now enter your HYMS username (in the format hyxxxx) and password and click on sign in.
View content online *recommended
The Echo360 mobile app allows you to stream recorded lectures / narrated presentations directly to your mobile device.
- From the main menu, select the relevant term (Undergrad in the screenshot).
- Select the relevant list of recordings.
- Click on the green play icon for the relevant recording. This will stream the recording directly to your mobile device.
- You can pause, rewind and fast-forward content from the recording tool bar, as well as alter the speed and quality from the settings cog.
View content offline
Mobile apps are designed to be used “on the go” but internet connectivity isn’t always guaranteed. The Echo360 mobile app allows you to download recordings (when you have an internet connection) and view them later without the need for a connection.
Download a recording to view offline
- Select the relevant recording list.
- Find the recording you wish to view offline and click on the menu icon (three dots). Select to download content.
- Once downloaded, the recoding is shown with an available offline icon and text.
- Repeat the download steps for all recordings you want to have available for offline viewing.
- Open the main menu of the app (menu icon located in the top left corner).
- At the bottom of the menu, select go offline.
- Select the downloaded recording you wish to view.