This guide will explain how to:
- log in to HYMS Blackboard and navigate to the Marks area on the new ultra base navigation menu
- view graded content for assignments, quizzes (including MB BS online formatives) and other graded content, such as uploaded results and Postgraduate marked Wikis
- additionally navigate to graded content back at original submission areas
- see additional notifications about grades in areas such as the new Activity Stream and email notifications.
Log in to HYMS Blackboard and navigate to the Marks area on the new ultra base navigation menu
- Click on the following link to access HYMS Blackboard Learn Ultra: https://blackboard.hyms.ac.uk
- Authentication is via HYMS Office365 account details. Please access the following link to further guidance: log in to HYMS Blackboard.
- Upon successfully logging in, you will then be redirected back to the new HYMS Blackboard Learn Ultra homepage. Navigate to the new Marks area on the new left-hand ultra base navigation menu.
View graded content for assignments, quizzes (including MB BS online formatives) and other graded content, such as uploaded results and Postgraduate marked Wikis
- Once you have clicked on Marks from the navigation menu, you will be directed to a list of all of your courses. Scroll down to the relevant course. Content will not fully display on the initial summary view. Click on view all work to see any grading content in full (click on images and open in a new tab to enlarge content).
- You will then be redirected to detailed graded content in that particular course. Click on the marked tab to see graded work listed.
- You may need to refresh your page view if new content has recently become visible. *Please note that graded / upcoming / submitted content will only be listed if the assessment item has been made visible to students in the Marks area. The default is often for content not to be made automatically visible in the Marks area.
- Once grading is made visible, you can view content such as assignment submission grading. You can view overall grading, feedback and a pop out of a rubric if applicable.
- However, we strongly advise clicking on the blue assignment title to be redirected to the original submission point area. Here you can view all grading and feedback in full (including content such as annotated comments on documents).
- Please click on the below image to enlarge content and to see an example of overall grading (1), annotated comments (2), feedback to learner comments (which could include a downloadable document attached)(3), and a rubric to click on for further feedback (4).
- If a rubric has been included and you click on the rubric icon, a pop out will appear with further content. The grading rubric can include a grade and written feedback for each of the assessment criteria. Ensure to check for specific written feedback for each criteria.
- At the bottom of the rubric there may also be some general feedback about the assignment.
- Once you access the marked content tab as explained above, you can view content such as quiz grading (if content has been made visible to students). However, we strongly advise clicking on the blue quiz title to be redirected to the original quiz. Here you can view all grading and feedback in full and within the context of the question and answers.
- After clicking on the quiz title you will be redirected to the summary attempt page. Click on your calculated mark to load all grading content (click on images to open in a tab and enlarge them).
- You will be redirected to the entire test, including your answers, the correct answers and any question feedback / commentary (depending on the test settings).
Once grading is made visible under the marked tab, you can view overall grading, feedback and a pop out of a rubric if applicable for Wikis that are graded. This will look similar to the above screenshots for listed assignment and quiz grading under the marked tab. However, as above, we strongly advise clicking on the blue Wiki title to be redirected to the original Wiki / My Contribution area. Here you can view all grading and feedback in full.
You can also access the same grading and feedback by navigating directly to the relevant course / Wiki topic page / select My Contribution. You can then view your grade in the Grade section. You can also view your instructor’s feedback and the date the grade was assigned.
See additional notifications about grades in areas such as the new Activity Stream and email notifications
It is additionally possible to see grading /upcoming content etc., in areas such as the Activity Stream and email notifications. This may depend on individual student settings and if content has been made visible to students. Please see further notifications guidance on our Blackboard help pages; Blackboard help pages.