You can add your HYMS email to your mobile phone/tablet either by using the native software that comes with your device (the mail software already installed on your device), or alternatively you can download the Microsoft Outlook app and access your HYMS email and calendar through that.
Downloading the Outlook app
Microsoft Outlook is available for iOS (apple) and Android devices. The app can be downloaded from the Apple Store for use on the iPhone and iPad or downloaded from the Play Store for use on Android devices.
Microsoft have produced a series of video guides showing how to use the Microsoft app which is available on this Outlook for iOS and Android guide
Using the native mail app on your device *recent versions of iPad / iPhone only
Mail on iPad / iPhone (Method 1)
Click on the Mail icon and select Exchange – if you’ve already a personal account setup with mail you will have to go via the Settings, Passwords & Accounts, Add account, press Exchange
Enter your HYMS username as email@example.com and enter a description e.g. HYMS then press Next
Then press Sign In
Now enter your HYMS Password and press Next
Enter the following information
Domain: <LEAVE THIS BLANK>
Username: enter your user ID in the form firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticks should appear next to the options after pressing Next
Now choose what to sync and press Save
It may take a few moments to setup the account on your device, click on mailbox and you should then see your inbox.
Mail on iPad / iPhone (Method 2)
Click on Settings, Passwords & Accounts, Add Account, press on Exchange
Now enter your email address in the form email@example.com and enter a description such as HYMS and press on Next
A pop up box will ask you to sign in to your “hyms.ac.uk” account. Press on Sign In
You will now be presented with the organisational login page. Enter your username in the form firstname.lastname@example.org and then your password. Press on Sign In
You will now be presented with various sync options, press on Save when finished.
You will be diverted back to the Passwords and Accounts page, go to your Home Screen and press the Mail icon for your HYMS email.
Outlook app on Android
Step 1: Download the Outlook app from the Play store
- Download the Outlook app from the Google Play store. Please access the following link; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en_GB
- Choose to install Outlook. Open the app once installed.
- Select to get started.
- Enter your HYMS details in the format email@example.com and choose to continue.
- Enter your HYMS details and sign in.
- Select to activate device administrator.
- Select to activate this device admin app. Then choose to not add another account.
Step 2: Choose to turn off ‘focused inbox’
Focused inbox is a feature provided by Outlook to organise how your inbox displays, based upon what it judges is most relevant. So as to avoid missing any important emails, we strongly advise turning this off.
- In the app, navigate to your profile icon in the top left-hand corner. Navigate to settings.
- Select to turn focused inbox off.
Step 3: Access your HYMS Outlook calendar from the Outlook app
- Navigate to the Outlook app inbox view.
- Select the calendar icon in the bottom right-hand corner to view your HYMS calendar.