In order for HYMS IT Support to investigate mail messages. For example if a message has not been delivered or you believe a message is a phishing message.
Could you please follow this guide so:
- we have a copy of the message.
NOTE if the message is of a sensitive nature then instead of copying the message to us please give details like:
From, To, Date, Time, Subject (if possible).
- A copy of the message headers which tell us how the message has be transported from the sender to the recipient.
Step 1 – Put the message to be investigated in an email
- Login into the Outlook app using https://outlook.office.com
- Start a new message.
- (if needed) Move and resize the window so you can see your messages list.
- Select the email that you want to forward.
- Drag it and drop it into the body of your new message.
Step 2 – Copy the full message headers of the message
- Open the email message to be investigated by double clicking it.
- Click on the down arrow next to
- Click on the item View message details.
- Click in the message Details section then press Ctrl+A to select all
- This can be Copied (Ctrl+C) and pasted (Ctrl+P) into the message you created in step 1. the message.
Step 3 – Tell us why you are sending us the message
Within you mail message tell us why the message needs investigating. E.g.
- You believe this is a phishing email
- The message you sent has not been delivered to a recipient.
Step 4 – Send the message to the following two recipients
email@example.com – This will create a helpdesk ticket
firstname.lastname@example.org – This is a special account we use to investigate message