Forward your York University emails to your HYMS email account so that you won’t need to keep checking your York email account. New messages will automatically be forwarded to your HYMS address.
- Log in to York’s Google Mail at the following link; http://mail.york.ac.uk/.
- Click on the cog icon (top right), then click see all settings.
- Click the forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Click to enlarge the below images.
- Click add a forwarding address and type your HYMS email address – email@example.com
- Click next and then proceed to confirm the address. This sends an email to your HYMS account to verify that it’s correct.
- You’ll now need to go back to your HYMS email and find the confirmation email.
- Click on the link, and you’ll see a confirmation success message.
- Back in your York Gmail account, click on verify. You can now set up the forwarding!
- Select forward a copy of incoming mail to…
- Choose your HYMS email address from the first drop-down menu.
- From the second box, choose ‘mark University of York mail as read’.
- Finally, click save changes.