This will mean you won’t need to keep checking your Hull email account, as new messages will automatically be forwarded to your HYMS address.
- Log in to The University of Hull webmail through https://mail.hull.ac.uk/owa/ using firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the settings cog (at the top right), then options/ mail/ inbox and sweep rules
- Click on the plus sign to create a new rule
- Give the rule a name such as ‘forward to HYMS email’
- From the ‘When the message arrives’ drop-down menu, select apply to all messages.
- From the ‘Do the following’ drop-down menu, select forward the message to.
- Type in your HYMS email address in the text box (email@example.com)
- Select save
- Select OK
- Select save again
You have now completed the steps required and should see your Hull University emails in your HYMS inbox.
Note: Due to enhanced security measures on the HYMS Email System there is a possibility that some mail forwarded from your Hull mailbox to your HYMS mailbox will not be delivered. We therefore suggest that you regularly check your Hull Email account to ensure you have not missed any messages.