Academic Supervisors for the Physician Associate Studies programme are expected to have an educational overview of their assigned students’ progress. This involves regularly checking and providing feedback on the forms that are completed using MyProgress.
- To access MyProgress, navigate to: http://hyms.mkmapps.com/myprogress
- Login with you HYMS username and password:
Finding the Students Within Your Academic Supervisor Group
- When you are logged into the system click on the Overview button – this will take you to a page that lists all the students within the PA cohort
- From the first drop-down menu (titles Choose a Group) at the top of the page, select PA Year 1 (and the current year) – this will populate the second drop-down menu with a list of all the PA students.
- Select a student from your Academic Supervisor group and click on the View button – this will take you to the Recent Activity page for that student. Here you will see a list of the most recent forms that student has completed. This should be a combination of Weekly Reflective Learning Journal Forms, Case Based Discussion Forms, Case Based Discussion Feedback Forms and Supervisor Feedback Forms. You will now be in Review Mode.
- To access a completed form, click View full response. You will now see that completed assessment form.
- To get back to the Recent Activity page, select Recent Activity from the navigation menu (under the student’s profile picture).
At the top of this page you have the option to move between students – you will see it states that you are currently in Review Mode. Once you have reviewed the progress of the current student you’re looking at, select the next student in your supervision group from the drop-down menu.
To exit Review Mode, click the Close button.
Adding a Comment to an Assessment Form
As an Academic Supervisor you can comment on the assessment forms that students complete.
- Click on View full response to see a completed assessment form.
- From the tabbed menu, select Comments & discussion.
- Add a comment title and comment in the fields provided.
- Click Add this comment.
If you wish you can hide the comment from the student (by clicking the Hide this comment from the student checkbox). This might be useful if you want to make comments that you wish to discuss further in your face-to-face academic supervisor meetings with students.
Viewing an Overview Completion Report
If you wish to see an overview of the number of assessment forms the students within your academic supervisor group have completed you can run a completions report.
- From the navigation menu on the homepage, select Progress & reports.
- From the list of reports you can run, select Completion summary. The report will open on a new page.
- Now select the following report criteria:
- Criteria: Number of completions
- Assessment: HYMS PA – Case Based Discussion, HYMS PA – Case Based Discussion Feedback Form, HYMS PA – Supervisor Feedback Form, HYMS PA – Weekly Reflective Learning Journal
- Click View Report.