Overview of the process
This guide will explain how to check and modify your email / Blackboard mobile phone app notification settings in Blackboard. Blackboard has a number of tools that generate notifications (such as course announcements and discussion board subscriptions). These are a key part of communication within any course.
Log in to Blackboard and navigate to notification settings
- Log in to Blackboard with your HYMS username and HYMS password
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Blackboard homepage
- Select the settings option at the bottom of the drop-down menu
- Select edit notification settings
- You will be taken to the main page for editing all settings
Edit general settings to reduce email notifications to a single daily email digest
- Select edit general settings
- Select daily email digest for both courses and organisations
- Select submit to finalise
Edit specific course / community (organisation) settings to turn notifications on / off and choose notification method
- Under edit individual course / organisation settings, click on an individual course or organisation
- You will then be presented with a settings screen. From here you can; turn on/off notification types e.g., announcements, discussion boards etc. and select notification method e.g.,via dashboard, email and the mobile app etc.
- Click submit to finalise
Bulk edit notification settings to turn notifications on / off and choose notification method
1.Under bulk edit notification settings, click on a subcategory of courses / organisations based on your role (leader, participant etc,.)
2. On the next page, click on the all or selected option to affect all courses or just a selected few. If you have chosen ‘selected’, you can now choose the courses you want to edit. Click on your choices in the left hand box. Move them to the right hand box by clicking on the right hand facing arrow, situated between the two boxes.
3. You will then see options to modify settings. From here you can:
- turn on/off notification types e.g., announcements, discussion boards etc.
- select notification method e.g.,via dashboard, email and the mobile app etc.
4.Click submit to finalise