This article provides an overview of how to setup the SMOTs for a clinical skills recording session. Before your clinical skill consultation, please follow these instructions:
- Open a browser window and enter: http://meded.hyms.ac.uk/smots/self-check-in
- Select the room your consultation is going to be in. For example, Clinical Skills 3B.
- Enter the room number. Room numbers are as follows:
Room 1B – 004
Room 2B – 005
Room 3B – 006
Room 4B – 007
Observation Room 221 – 011
- Login with your HYMS username and password.
- You will now see that your recording session is in progress.
- When you have completed your consultation you you should sign-out from the system by clicking on the ‘Exit and Logout’ button. This saves your recording to your personal space on the SMOTS server.
- At a later time you can then log into your personal space on the SMOTS server using the url: http://meded.hyms.ac.uk/smots/self-export. Once logged in you can download your video and store this securely.