This article will explain how to create a SignUp List within a Blackboard Content Area as either a stand-alone list or associated with a group. SignUp Lists are often used for clinics or Master Classes.
When creating a SignUp List, you can specify the maximum number of students permitted to join the main and reserve lists. They can also set permissions to enable student self-enrolment and withdrawal from a particular SignUp list.
- Navigate to the Content Area where you want the link to the list to appear.
- Select Build Content > Single SignUp List
- Give the list a descriptive name, making sure that it is unique to this course, and provide more context in the text field.
- Now specify a start and end date sign up period within which students can join or withdraw from the SignUp List.
- List Settings — allows you specify how many people can signup and how many can be added to a reserve list. You can allow participants to remove themselves from a SignUp Lists within the Options.
- Show names on the list applies to the student’s view of this list. If it is ticked, they see everyone else on the list. If it is un-ticked, they will only see their own.
- You can also allow the students to from the list, and the reserve list.
- Groups — you can choose three Blackboard Group options for your SignUp List.
- Populate an existing group from the SignUp List.
- Create a new Group and populate that from the SignUp List.
- Create the SignUp List on its own, not linked to a Group.